Join our mailing list and be the first to hear about new/last minute courses, exhibitions & other fun stuff...
In case you are wondering, the name Double Elephant is taken from the large Imperial paper size sometimes used in printmaking.
The aims of Double Elephant are to:
- provide open access to fine art printmaking resources and equipment
- to encourage and support people to discover their creativity
- offer a range of courses in printmaking including outreach to schools and hard-to-reach community groups.
- provide high quality exhibitions, print sales and an editioning service.
- be committed to maintaining an enjoyable, accessible, environmentally healthy and solvent-free working environment.
Working from our Exeter city centre base, across Devon and beyond, Double Elephant Print Workshop offers courses, resources and support to professional printmakers, artists and beginners alike.
We are passionate about printmaking and its possibilities. Our aim is to encourage creativity and artistic development through a friendly and welcoming approach.
DEPW currently has around 90 artist members from Devon, Cornwall, Dorset and Somerset. We support professional and semi professional artists as well as those new to printmaking. In addition we work with groups of people normally excluded from mainstream arts activity, both on site in our premises and off-site through our portable workshop facilities. We work with over 3000 children, young people and adults through the outreach programme each year. Most of our work is based throughout Devon, but our outreach extends across the South West.
Double Elephant is a Community Interest Company and Social Enterprise. It was established as a not-for-profit, open-access printmaking resource in 1997 by Simon Ripley and Lynn Bailey.
Double Elephant CIC | registered in England & Wales number 04433706